Teensy Breakout Intro

Originally published at: https://contextualelectronics.com/topic/teensy-breakout-intro/

@ChrisGammell, are you planning on using the Teensy in other projects? or is this just an example of how you would do it if you wanted?

I guess what I’m really asking is, should I be getting a Teensy in order to participate in upcoming projects?

Thanks

I plan to, simply because it’s my go-to platform for embedded stuff (normally just using the Arduino IDE). If you place an order from OSHpark, there’s an option to add on a Teensy 2 to the order. I usually do that every couple months so I have one around.

Hi,

I have a couple of Arduino boards at home, including Arduino Nano. I find it impractical to buy another development board (especially that I am not very well financed). Isn’t it rather possible to make a similar Header for the Arduino Nano. I would then try to copy the corresponding design of the CE Header to one that is applicable for my Nano. Is it theoretically possible?

I also have another question: Are we designing this Header just for a sensor board applicable only to a teensy 3.2? Or could we use that Header for other applications? Thanks!

With best regards,
Omar

This is definitely possible and was part of the initial concept for the CE header: conform other dev boards to a similar standard. There would be more routing for boards going between the two, but it’s possible to “reconfigure” the pin out of a wide range of commercially available dev boards.

i did not find the teensy kicad libs supplied by contextual electronics, but i did find others.

schematic symbols for teensies

footprints for teensies