New version of Contextual Electronics launched today!

Today I relaunched the Contextual Electronics site. It’s a focus on simplicity, speed, and the core promise: building real hardware and learning through doing.

This also happens to be my final and most complex wordpress migration. In fact, this is the very first migration I attempted, with the complexity of a subscription based membership system layered on top of a statically generated site. It’s been about 18 months of ongoing tweaking. A few workarounds using 11ty, cloudflare workers, and Clerk as a login system. Overall, I am very happy with how it turned out.

There is some generative art sprinkled throughout the site, but all in service of organization and transmitting ideas. Namely that there are over 900 videos under the hood, that have instructed 100s of people throughout the years on how to build custom hardware and firmware. I hope to start adding to that repository of knowledge again soon.

Check out the main site and please share thoughts here or on LinkedIn (where this post also appeared). I will have some updates to the forum in the coming weeks as well.

4 Likes