Thanks for setting all this up. I lazily listened to the full GTB4 videos last night and it all made sense except for the board layout part. I had no idea what “via” was as an example and it went off the cliff after that. I don’t feel any wiser even after watching that video three times I don’t feel like I could do what you did.
This is in contrast to all the other videos that were clear and concise, even the schematic and spice videos.
I just don’t know WHY you do certain things in that video. I get that the rats nest connections need clear paths but there are so many layers and colors that provide options that may or may not work. I probably missed some items but here are a few questions:
- Are there any pros/cons to making the whole side VDD and the other GND?
- Why not make the connections as wide as possible?
- Why just connect the + and - pads with four small connections instead of fully connecting them?
- I’ve ordered boards from OSHpark (other’s shared) and you mention their constraints. What other constraints should I think about?
- Quite often things happen on the screen where you probably hit a short cut. For intro videos it may be good to always use a menu or button or say religiously the key(s) you are pushing, and why.
Again, thanks for taking the time to set all this up. I’m going to boot up KiCAD again tonight but I thought I would shoot you a few questions while they are fresh.