Flexible heat shrink tubing

All the heat shrink tubing I have bought ends up very stiff after shrinking. Is there a brand that will remain flexible after shrinking?

Thanks,

Rick

I tend to find that the thin-walled heatshrink remains flexible, and the thick-wallet goes hard. For thin-walled I typically use 3M with 2:1 or 3:1 shrink ratio, with or without glue.

I find that the thick-walled heatshrink from Wurth excellent to stiffen a cable and give strain relief, as it molds quite well into a tight groove, etc.

Olav

Thank you, Olav. Your comments led me to DigiKey’s selection filters and from there to a great selection guide from 3M. I will try several of these. Thank you for your help.

P.S. I live in a suburb of St Paul, Minnesota, where 3M headquarters are located. Wonder if they would let me come over and get some samples? :clown_face:

For anyone who needs shrink tubing with varying lengths, the XHF Waterproof Heat Shrink Tubing is the way to go. This item is available in different lengths and diameters. Buyers have a choice from 4 ft up to 82 ft in length and thickness from 2.4 mm up to 50 mm.