Build Log- ABCD

This is my build log. I am watching the getting to Blinky 4.0 tutorials. I don’t know what I want to do with this skill set. I don’t have a project in mind. I am studying to be a computer engineer and haven’t got into my core courses yet. I know this will be an excellent skill to learn for my field but I am really just getting started with no goal in mind.

That’s great! What do you want to do with computer engineering eventually?

Computer engineering is more of a goal then a passion. I wanted to pursue a tough degree to show myself I can do it. I don’t really know what I want to do with computer engineering to be completely honest.

Ah! I started there as well, I just had a feeling electronics was my way forward. Luckily I was right.

I recommend checking out firmware related stuff. It’s good to hear what people are doing on Embedded.fm

I also always enjoyed FPGAs, I think those are super fun and really fit into a comp E’s wheelhouse. One of the best applications IMO is software defined radio. And even though the HackRF isn’t FPGA based, it provides a good look at what you can do when software hits the real world (well, as real as RF signals feel on any given day :-D)

Of course I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the wide range of guests that have been on The Amp Hour as well, we have been lucky to talk to so many.