Thanks @hedrickbt ! it’s been a good week.
I moved from Milwaukee to Las Vegas which gave me an opportunity to upgrade my bench space, so I figured I’d post an update. Original post was Aug 1 for comparison.
and my overflow gear
WES51 and a 1960’s (I think) version of the same thing. I’ve got one of those Radio Shack desoldering deals with the rubbler bulb on it somewhere…
Fluke 77, a variety of old Fluke/Tek bench meters and a bunch of those free harbor freight meters.
Tek MSO2024 and an old Tek 932 that got channel 1’s Volt/div knob broken in my move. Hoping I can find parts for it.
That Long-Wei 30v deal there on the bench, and an old version of the same thing (B&K I think) in my overflow stash. Also a bunch of home made and random supplies.
I have a $150 Dell laptop I got on Black Friday a year ago running Ubuntu. Slow and horrible, but works fine for Arduino stuff and basic internet research on the bench. My main computer is a Dell XPS something-er-other desktop. All of this connected to an ESXi server and running FreeNAS (soon to be Nutanix CE) on the backend for storage (block and file).
Cheap-o-delux set of screw drivers off all sizes/shapes.
Does an illuminated jewelers loupe count? $2 at American Science and Surplus. (Chris, you MUST go there now that you live in Chicago)
14 watt candelabra ceiling fan light kit. That is to say, no lighting. I use a camping headlamp at the moment. Working on something to mount under my parts drawers.
Arduinos everywhere and Raspberry Pi’s.
MISSING From my Bench ( I like this one so I’m keeping it in there):
I’m sure there is more, but I don’t have the skills to justify much else.
I think that’s it. Just wanted to share my update.
Voltage controlled soldering iron?
Yes. Huakko 937. (yes, a crappy clone)
Low cost hot air pencil?
No. I have used a paint stripping heat gun though!
Do you have any reflow equipment
Not yet. On the list of things to make. I have an old front loading kiln that will become a reflow oven once I get the thermocouple for it and a PID controller made on an Arduino.
- How many handheld DMMs? Which ones?
2 total, Fluke8060A and Victo VC890C+
- Best resolution DMM on your bench?
- Do you have a 2 channel or higher oscilloscope that uses probes?
- What is the rated bandwidth of your most-used scope?
25 MHz but my new-to-me 2225 is going to get more use.
- Do you feel your scope covers your needs sufficiently?
- Do you have a programmable bench power supply?
No. But I do have an adjustable bench supply: GW3020
- How many outputs does it have?
3 - 2 adjustable and one 5v
- Saleae 24M 8ch cheap clone I got in a Hackerbox. On my list of things to replace with the genuine article.
- Simple project based on an AD9850 module but just does sine and square waves.
Photo to follow…
- Hakko FX-951
- Sparkfun Hot Air station that was given to me
- 2x Fluke 87V
- Some Extechs laying around
- Rigol DS1074Z Unlocked with high quality probes and 2 high voltage probes.
- Analog Discovery 2
- 2x Saleae Logic Pro x16 so I can monitor a number of things at once.
- Bus Pirate
- Bus Blaster
- Chip Whisperer
- Rigol DP832 Unlocked
- BK Precision 1550
- Numerous boards/batteries/etc
- EETools Topmax II Universal Programmer
- Atmel ICE
- PICkit 3
- Segger Jlink
- Altera/Intel FPGAs
- Lattice programming cable
- Silego GreenPak programmer
- AVRISP II
Other test equipment
- Heathkit vacuum tube tester
- Atlas DCA Pro transistor tester
- Ultimaker 2+ and others in storage
- 3.5x dental loupes
- Optivisor with additional loupe going up to ~6x
- Inspection Microscope on an arm.
On my bench I have a Rigol 1102E dual channel scope and a Rigol DMM 3058E 5.5 digits.
I also have a Rigol wave function generator and a Rigol bench programmable power supply… Currently on my wish list is a Rigol DSA 800 series spectrum analyser.
Ok, yes I know. I have the hots for Rigol LOL I like the aesthetic appeal of all the gear matching.
I have a hot air pencil and soldering station. No reflow capabilities.
Arduinos & Pis everywhere. I’d like a 3D printer but I haven’t got the space for it.
Did that thing ever show up?
No, I haven’t checked in a while, but I just looked and it still shows up in my orders, they never actually admit that it’s on backorder, they just keep pushing the estimated delivery date every day:
Yes. Aoyue 2901 and Hakko 888D
Low cost hot air pencil?
Yes. Sparkfun 303D
- Do you have any reflow equipment
I have a toaster oven and a DMM with thermocouple. Works well.
How many handheld DMMs? Which ones?
Fluke 87 V
Sparkfun VC830L (the ones that got seized)
Waiting for an eevblog 121GW
Best resolution DMM on your bench?
5.5 digits - Siglent SDM3055
Do you have a 2 channel or higher oscilloscope that uses probes?
Yes, Rigol DS1054Z (upgraded)
What is the rated bandwidth of your most-used scope?
Do you feel your scope covers your needs sufficiently?
No - really want something that could go to 500MHz
Do you have a programmable bench power supply?
Yes, cheap Tekpower TP3005P
How many outputs does it have?