An Introduction to the EX330 DMM

Originally published at: https://contextualelectronics.com/lessons/an-introduction-to-the-ex330-dmm/

The EX330 DMM is the main handheld DMM we recommend for Contextual Electronics. This video is an introduction to some of the features and navigation of the turn-knob. Buy the EX330 here Watch Dave Jones (EEVblog) talk about $50 multimeters here

OK. The real skill demonstrated here is the ability to hold two probes and press the hold key. I struggle with that one too :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s when I feel the most amateur-ish when working on electronics, it’s refreshing to see @ChrisGammell having the same problems.

2 Likes

Just one of the many services I provide: Being real. I’m the realest at being real around :smiley:

Next time I feel like an amateur now I’ll think “I’m not an amateur, I’m just being real… Just like Chris”

2 Likes

It might be useful to talk about precision. When it matters and when it does not. Also estimating so you know when a value either from markings or a calculator/meter are just wrong. I am a slide rule two places of decimal person who started using a calculator in 1973. I have a relaxed attitude to ‘accuracy’ and feel it often does not matter as long as things are ‘ball park’.

3 Likes