Allen's Build Log

Hey folks, my name is Allen. By day I work as an IT consultant and at night I blow off steam tinkering with various projects in the workshop. A recent project I published required a PCB so I went looking for a tutorial on using KiCad, found Getting To Blinky, and used that course to create a workable solution.

Lately I’ve been working on solutions for LoRaWAN connected IoT sensors deployed in field for environmental data collection with some success, and have also created a usable PCB for that project.

In both cases, I’ve done nothing more than create a “permanent breadboard” which allows me to solder in existing modules to simplify assembly into a larger device. I figured it was time to start working on actual component-level PCB designs and so here I am. My primary interest is low power systems for IoT use, but I have a lot of work to do before I jump straight into that use case.

I feel like I got a lot of value from the GTB series (despite never actually making a blinky device!) and I’m excited to get a better handle on some fundamental concepts as I work through the additional projects here.

Welcome Allen! That HASP project looks really cool. I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

Allen, did you happen to build a case on thingiverse for the Digilent BNC adapter? I’m hoping the get the prusa fired up this weekend and get it printed.

If not, welcome anyways, I’m only a week into the course, I’m looking forward to seeing your progress.

Robert

Sure did, you can find it here: Digilent Analog Discovery 2 + BNC Adapter case by svideo - Thingiverse

I had ordered some translucent emerald green PETG to match the AD2 and re-printed the project. The results are pretty great:

1 Like

Wow! That came out well.

Fingers Crossed, first time my printer has been on in months :roll_eyes:

Thanks for the work on the .stl Allen

Thanks again Allen. My first layer isn’t what I hoped, but that doesn’t take away from your great model. I was surprised by the ‘snap fit’ of the AD2 into the case. Well done sir.

Robert

AD2_Enclosure