ALeggeUp's "Dusty Butter" PWM/Servo Driver Build Log

[bestLegoBatmanVoice] First Try! [/bestLegoBatmanVoice]

I haven’t built much lately, I have bought a lot of stuff from Adafruit to play around with but it’s not the same, just feels like more software which is what I do all day anyway.

I wanted to try something out for halloween and was just going to buy the PWM/Servo driver from Adafruit but the recent “Getting to Blinky 5.0” videos popping up in my YouTube feed got my juices flowing again so I decided to try to reproduce it with an incremental improvement for my needs and go from there.

I ended up messing up the footprint on the LDO part that I added, I used the pin numbers from one package but the footprint of a different package so I had to “deadbug” it was pretty tricky for me, but ended up working.

2 Likes

If we had a bodge badge around here, I would award it to you! :slight_smile:

Great job! It’s tough getting back into things, especially when there are delays between ordering things and getting stuff…it can be easy to get distracted. Glad to see the GTB videos inspired some more building!

1 Like

Great job Stephen! I’m glad to see you getting back into these projects and that you were able to get this board working without having to do a re-spin. I hope you post some pictures of the finished Halloween setup! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jon, happy you stopped by! I was annoyed with my dumb mistake, but it was super satisfying to get it to work. I have been trying really hard to make time for this stuff since I enjoy it so much but it has been difficult finding a good balance… The battle continues, sleep is overrated.

I went through several iterations of a mechanism to allow the eye to move the way I wanted (and went down a ‘print-in-place joints’ rabbit hole). All that should be left is to get the two servos attached to each axis and cross my fingers.

1 Like

Finished our pumpkin at work (the mouth is the company logo, the CEO is the judge)

Video of it in action:

3 Likes