MarkFromSales' Build Log - Learning

All of that being said, KiCad on Ubuntu is quite good! I do like the Windows variant better for the most part, but I’m still working around it.

I should add that GIT/GitHub integration directly into Kicad would be really fantastic :wink:

The suggestion of running VS Code for Arduino was surprisingly good! It’s not as smooth out of the box as Arduino IDE obviously and I haven’t found library management yet, but the actual IDE portion is much stronger! Uploading to a board is just as smooth and frustration free!

I’ve only tried Code on Windows 10, I may check it out on Ubuntu this weekend :slight_smile:

In other news, I’ve fallen in love with GitKraken and will be sharing the stuff I’ve been playing around with while waiting on CE courseware PCBs and components

GitHub page - https://github.com/MarkFromSales

That error is part of the ‘Processing Project’ just for writing your serial port to the UI in the editor, it’s trying to read from preferences your serial port and show it in the status bar, I don’t think it has anything to do with Teensy unless you need to choose your serial port differently for the Teensy.

Interesting to know, I’ll play with this again on a clean install when I get a chance. In the meantime, I’ve removed the Teensy software and Arduino IDE is working well again. :man_shrugging:

I do have quite a bit of other instrumentation software installed that uses serial ports so there could be a conflict there for sure

Awww yea, dig those beautiful arcs – thank you @ChrisGammell for including this best practice in the latest Kicad videos!

Long time no post; I finally got one of my projects done in V1 – upgrading the T962 using the ES Technical kit. It took quite a bit because I wanted to reverse engineer the AC controller side rather than cut the factory board. It’s actually fairly simple but I didn’t have a strong understanding of AC going into it.

Everything is up on Github if you’re interested or have feedback!

I plan to build my own version of the controller kit eventually just for learning. I may force myself to use the Teensy if I can get it working. I bought an old laptop for cheap and will do a clean install of Windows 7 to see if I can get the software loaded and working without issues.

That being said, this project is done for now and I’m back on to the CE Header! I’ve made one for Teensy 3.2, the sensor board, and an Arduino Nano as well :slight_smile: