3D Printer Experience and/or Advice

Woot woot, I don’t think you’ll regret it

i use either the bambu, matchbox or sun , just don’t get cardboard reels if you get the ams, which is worth it since you can use it to keep your filament dry with a few small printed mods.

wait til you print your first on ludicrous mode, makes other printers look like positively pedestrian

bests of luck and check your bed is not warped when you get it!

I’ve been really happy with Polymaker PLA Pro (Amazon.com). They have generally “boring” colors, but it prints really cleanly.

Overture or Hatchbox PETG.

Thanks. @charliex Yea the Carbon comes with the AMS and hardened tips to support composite materials.

yeah some of the composites don’t work in the ams but they list it on the bambu pages for them now, its worth buying some of the little extras spare plate, filament cutter etc.

then print out the tools they’re embedded on the machine so you just load and print them, but with the textured plate i’ve never needed the scraper or glue

the packing is pretty amazing, comes out pretty well the stuff under the bed is a little tricky to get out but that is it.

ams is easy to setup, print out some of the little moisture traps for the ams and get the blue ball material for them and it’ll keep your filament dry i added moisture displays to mine.

you’ll need an sd-card for ‘local’ mode and for time lapses multi colour dragon on bambu x1 carbon timelapse - YouTube

i nearly always let it do all the various pre run things, it does slow the run down but it seems to work, if i am reprinting on the same power cycle sometimes i skip anything but bed levelling.

for some reason i always call matchbox, hatchbox its just always stuck with me Julia reminded me.

mutli colour printing is fun, and a lot of people print a poop chute and a bento box with filter

fingers crossed on a flat bed too, happy printing.

While watching reviews, analysis, etc on the Prusa, Bambu, etc, saw this mentioned. Looks like the way to go for printing plates… so gave it a flyer initially instead of extra plates from Bambu…
https://whambamsystems.com/flexible-build-system

i have the wham bam, i still end up using the textured plate (as long as you dont mind the texture)

Cool. I did include a few other things with the order (like the textured plate and a couple extra hot ends) so that I have options.